Our Annual Toy Run is just around the corner!
This year, we will be organising a Movie Night with the children from Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home.
Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home provides shelter, care and protection to boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 21 years old who come from low income, broken, dysfunctional or abusive families in Singapore.
The home’s mission is to provide loving, Christian nurture for needy and disadvantaged children of all races and religions, so as to prepare them to be happy and responsible members of the family and community. The home’s goals are:
- To develop the spiritual, educational, social, physical and emotional well-being of the children.
- To provide an inclusive home environment to enhance the integration of children with special needs and mainstream children.
- To assist parents in problem-solving and coping with their difficulties.
- To strengthen family relationships and enhance the quality of family life
More details on the home can be obtained from their website. http://www.cslmch.org.sg
HOG members will gather at HDS on 14 Dec 2019 at 3:00PM sharp. After registrations we will head off at 3:55PM for the home, to escort the children to the cinema. The children and staff will travel by bus. The rest of the evening’s program is as follows:
3:00PM - Registration at HDS
3:55PM - Ride to Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home
4:20PM - Arrive at Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home
4:30PM - Leave Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home with bus
5:00PM - Arrive at the cinema at The Projector, Level 5 Golden Mile Tower, 6001 Beach Road
5:15PM - Gather at Pre-Screening Foyer for buffet dinner and ice-cream live station; members interact with children
6:00PM - Gift presentation to the children by Santa and collection of movie tickets and popcorn combo
6:20PM - Seating
6:25PM - Movie starts
8:30PM - Movie ends, Children make their way back on bus
Apart from keeping the children company - we hear the kids love movies, there will be lots of opportunities to donate to this event or to the home.
Members may make donations conveniently when you register for the event
1. Sponsor a Child for the event
2. Limited edition Toy Run Flask
3. Gift a gift for the child (Please contact our activities officer Vivek (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case you select this option after completing your registration)
4. Cash donations.
The home and children will be very appreciative of your generosity and precious company! Hope to see you all!